Zoomi Dashboard 3.0 represents a major update to the platform's underlying technologies.
- Improved scalability; the new data pipeline infrastructure implemented with this release is infinitely scalable.
- Improved performance across all dashboards.
- Dashboard data will now update hourly. Time spent per day is one exception however, and that will update daily.
- All levels of data are now available on Overview and Engagement dashboards for all courses, down to the detailed content segment level.
- Individual learner filtering--which allows data presented to be restricted to that generated by one or more specific users--is now available. This filter will be available on the Overview, Engagement, Time Spent, and Activity Dashboards.
- Discrepancies in learner counts have been corrected.
Why has the number of learners changed?
We have made some changes in the way the learner counts are calculated with this release to revise the minimum activity threshold. Following this release, this number will reflect the total number of learners who have any activity (greater than 0 seconds) within a course at any time.
Why have the completion numbers changed?
Prior to this release, a learner was considered to have completed a Unit if they had accessed 70% of the content in that Unit and was considered to have completed a Course if they had completed all of the Units. Our research team has conducted analysis of this approach and determined a more precise way to measuring completion. Following this release, a Unit is considered complete if 80% of the segments in that Unit have been completed, and a Course is considered complete if 80% of the segments in the course are completed. You may notice changes to the number and percentages of learners completed as as result of this change.
A segment is defined as follows:
- 1 page of a PDF
- 1 slide of a presentation
- 20 seconds of video
- ePub or HTML file
I see individual learner filters on all dashboards except Learning Paths, why is that?
For this release we have brought back the individual learner filters everywhere they were present before. The intention of the Learning Paths dashboard is to provide insight into patterns of paths traveled through course materials, making individual user filtering less valuable.
Why does time spent over time not show activity from the last two weeks?
This particular set of data will begin to fill in each day after the release, and it will update once daily.
Why has the frequency of content import errors increased?
In order to provide meaningful analytics in the Zoomi Dashboard, we run a series of algorithms against content following import that allow us to understand content structure. Errors generated while running these algorithms due to content issues can cause problems downstream, so with this release we have changed to running these algorithms as part of the import process.
If there are any failures in this step due to content issues (a good example is a video file that has 0 bytes), the import process will now fail in order to prevent inconsistent data creation. These failures will be reported through the normal content ingestion reporting mechanism.
*Some features may be unavailable in your company's implementation of Zoomi Dashboard. Please Contact Us us for more information.